Watching TV is no longer an entertainment activity that we can only carry out when at home. There are hundreds of platforms and applications that allow us to watch our favorite TV programs whenever and wherever we want on our mobile devices.
RedBox TV for Android, for instance, is a platform that broadcasts the signal of over 1,000 channels from 15 different countries, totally free of charge. It comes along with an easy-to-use app, organized by tabs in which we only have to scroll through the channels to choose one to start watching (after viewing a couple of adverts, of course).
Main features of RedBox TV
- Channels sorted by categories: sports, science, kids, religion…
- There are channels from 15 different countries: India, Pakistan, Malaysia, South India, Arabic countries, UK, USA, France, Germany, Australia…
- The application plays the signal of the channels by means of external players and is compatible with the majority of user favorites: MX Player, VLC Media Player, Web Player, 321 Player…
- Material for all audiences and age groups: kids can watch cartoons, you can watch the final of the Champions League, or you can sit down with your girlfriend to watch a movie, for instance.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.2.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the “Unknown sources” option within Settings>Applications.
Redbox TV is a free application for streaming live TV with over 1000+ channels from all over the world. There are multiple languages and genres you can choose from.
Watching TV in the 21st century has become way more convenient than it ever was. You can watch it anytime, anywhere and all you’ll ever need is a smartphone and an internet connection. You now no more have to sit in front of your big fat TV screen waiting for your favorite show to air. Even if you miss a show on its airing time, you can watch it later with these apps.
With plenty of similar online streaming apps in the market, it has become a daunting task to select one. RedBox TV is one of the very few free apps that you should consider. Let us have an in-depth look at its features, downloading procedures for various platforms and some frequently asked questions that you might have.
Redbox TV App 2018 – Introduction
Redbox TV has covered almost all the major countries and channels. Be it news channels or be it entertainment or kids channels, this app has an array of channels for every category.
Depending upon your internet speed, you can select SD or HD video quality. You can also set a password and protect the app. There is a favorites section that lets you add all your favorite channels at a single place. There are plenty of great features that this app offers and let us now have a look at some of them.
Redbox TV is extremely popular among users who want to watch Live TV and movies. The app has been around for a while now and due to its amazing features the popularity of app is increasing constantly.
Redbox TV APK Download for Android
App Name: Redbox TV
File Type: APK
File Size: 5.6 MB
APK Version: 1.2
Redbox TV App Features for Android
The major reason why Redbox TV is so popular is that of its features. Here are some of the best Redbox TV features that make it better than its competitors:-
- No Subscription Fee
Redbox TV app has always been and will be completely free to use. There are no subscription charges or additional charges that a user needs to pay. However, there is an option to support the app developers by donating the desired amount, which is completely optional. You can donate some money to the developers if you wish to.
Despite becoming so popular and having a huge number of channels, this app won’t charge you a penny. There are only a very few similar apps that are free and RedboxTV is one of them.
- Clean UI
The user interface is clean and the app is very easy to use. You will find the list of channels right on the homepage of the app. You can, however, search for a particular channel or select a particular country with the options provided. In a nutshell, the app’s user interface is easy to navigate through and it won’t take time to get a hang of it.
- Supports External Players
Some people don’t have a player preference while most people do. In order to solve it, Redbox TV app lets you stream the channels with your desired players. It supports most of the popular players in the market.
However, if you don’t have a video player in your smartphone, you can stream through the inbuilt player of the app which isn’t bad either.
- Great Support Team
There are instances when a particular stream or channel might be down. You report such instances and issues to the developers using the reporting feature. There is a separate reporting feature in the app that is solely made to take the users’ reports and solve them as soon as possible.
- Huge Collection of Channels
This is the biggest reason for this app’s popularity. You name the channel, it’s there on the app. There are over 1000+ channels and 22 categories and genres to choose from. No matter what language you speak or country you’re from, this app has TV channels for everyone.
- User Request Feature
There are more than enough number of channels already on the app. However, if you don’t find a particular channel in the app, you can add it by requesting the channel. This can be done with the help of the user request feature.
These were some of the best features that this app offers. Let us now have a look at the downloading procedure for Redbox TV app.
How to install Redbox TV App on Android?
RedboxTV is not available on Google play store due to obvious reasons. You can, however, install it on your Android device by downloading the Redbox TV APK for Android. Here are the steps to do so:-
- Before you download Redbox TV APK, make sure you have given permissions for installing APKss through unknown sources. If you haven’t already, do it by going to settings>security>unknown sources.
- Now download the Redbox TV APK file that we provided above in the post.
- Wait for the download to finish. Once finished, tap on the APK that has been downloaded.
- Now, an installation window will appear, click on “install” and begin the installation procedure.
- Once the app has been installed, you can launch it through the app drawer or the shortcut that has been created on the home screen.
So, this was the full procedure to download Redbox TV for Android. The procedure is quite simple and if you follow it step-by-step, you’d have the app in no time. Let’s now have a look at how to download Redbox TV for PC.
Redbox TV for PC/Laptop Download – Windows & Mac
RedboxTV app is exclusively available for smartphones and has not been released for desktops. However, you can download Redbox TV for PCthrough an android emulator. This method lets you download Redbox TV for Windows as well as Redbox TV for Mac.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow in order to get the app on your PC:-
- Download an android emulator, preferably Bluestacks.
- Now, download Redbox TV APK from the link provided above in the post.
- Once you’ve set up the emulator, open up the downloaded APK using the emulator.
- Install the APK in the emulator by allowing the permissions.
- Once installed, you can use RedboxTV app in your PC through an android emulator.
So, this was the procedure to get Redbox TV on PC. Let’s now have a look at how you can get the app for Firestick.
How to install Redbox TV on Firestick?
Amazon Firestick is really popular among smart TV users and most of them use Redbox TV on Firestick to stream Live TV. If you have Amazon Firestick then you can also get Redbox TV on it, all you have to do is follow the procedure provided by us.
The procedure may seem lengthy but it is quite simple and straightforward. Make sure you follow and the requires steps and don’t skip any of the steps. Here is the following procedure to get Redbox TV for Firestick with ease:
- The first step it to launch your Amazon Firestick device and then click on Setting from the Home Screen.
- Thereafter, Select Devices -> Developers option -> Enable Apps from Unknown Sources option
- Now, get back to the Home Screen and look for the Search bar.
- In the search bar, type Downloader and you’ll see an app named “Downloader” with Orange Color icon.
- Now, tap on Download and the download with start automatically.
- Launch Downloader app and then navigate to the browser menu.
- Thereafter, in the URL section, type https://bit.ly/2OcWtfB and click on Go.
- Now, the app will start downloading and once it’s finished, you’ll see the setup wizard.
- Then simply, click on Install and when the app is done installing, click on Open.
This was the full procedure to get Redbox TV on Firestick. We hope that you didn’t find the procedure very complicated and followed it step by step. Let us now have a look at some of the general queries on RedboxTV App.
Redbox TV FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is Redbox TV APK free to use?
Ans. Yes, the app is completely free and you won’t have to pay any kind of fee or additional charges to use it.
Q2. Is Redbox TV available for IOS?
Ans. At the moment, this app isn’t available for IOS. However, you can download a similar app “Redbox” for your IOS devices or look for a Redbox alternative.
Q3. Is it safe to use?
Ans. This app isn’t completely legal and that is the reason it isn’t available on the Google play store. But talking about the safety of the app, it is completely safe to use.
All in all, Redbox TV is a great app that lets you watch your favorite content online. You can choose from a wide variety of movies and TV shows to watch from. If you are looking for a good streaming app for your mobile device then you should definitely look into Redbox TV.
There are a large number of streaming apps available on the internet but Redbox really stands out of the crowd with its amazing features. If you want to download Redbox TV on other platforms then check out other posts on our website.